So at long last we’ve updated the admin pages. The version you’ve ben using was really the last part of our “alpha” site that never quite got replaced. We were so busy demoing and refining the bug logging/tagging that we never really had the time to finish the admin. Now we’ve finally been able to sit down and get it done.
Some things to take note of:
- The index page is pretty bare at the moment, but it will essentially give you a quick overview of your projects and collaborators.
- The project details page has three components (at the moment).
- the top section is your project progress graph. Much like the old one, but a bit prettier. It gives you a break down of your last 60 days activity. In the future we’ll have some more interesting data there.
- The middle section is currently just a display of who is working on your project. In the future you’ll be able to see status messages, and intiate discussions from here.
- The bottom section is a Kanban board. This is where you’ll manage your projects. More on that in a minute.
- We’ve also spruced up the login pages, account pages etc.
Some things that will be changing in the future.
- At the moment we haven’t changed the front end of BugHerd too much. Although we will be soon. The bug listing will be broken up into task status (i.e. todo list, in progress list, testing list etc).
- The project management section is still a work in progress, there is still quite a bit of work to be done there
- Soon you’ll be able to drag and drop bugs in the project management list for assignment and state changes
- Pricing! Once we’ve finalised our pricing, we’ll be putting up the pricing page and update the site features to reflect this (next week!).
- An API is coming soon. We will be using this to do our first set of integrations (with Pivotal Tracker initially and then moving to other tools)
I’ll do a more in depth blog post on using Kanban project management in the near future. Keep in mind that what you see right now is our first draft of the project management tool. There is a lot of stuff like project velocity, task complexity etc which will be coming soon.